Thursday, January 18, 2007

June 15 2006

Spent the morning contacting 'local' motorcycle shops
for repairs, no luck. Plan B, find a Harley dealer.
Closest is a 100 miles away in Orem. No way I can ride a 100 miles with the vise grips so I contract for a tow to the tune of $318.00! I must say that the towing company was very accommodating and tried to have my AAA membership pay but motorcycle and RV coverage was not available in my home area. I have since changed areas and now have coverage. Rode unceremoniously to Orem while Ed took the scenic route to Topomingos Harley Davidson. I would like to note here that they immediately put me first on the repair list when they found that we were touring. They made the necessary repair and upon their routine inspection determined that a rear tire replacement would be prudent seeing as how we had another 3,000 miles to travel. They had me back on the road within three hours! A top shelf operation. We arrived in Delta Utah @ 5:30PM checked in to the Best Western (very nice) and had dinner at another Mexican restaurant where there was a huge language barrier. If I didn't know better I would have thought we made a wrong turn and somehow ended up in Mexico. In fact when we were in Mexico we had less trouble communicating than in this restaurant! The staff however was very polite and after a fashion we 'sort of' got what we thought we were ordering. Ah well, the end of an expensive day. $639.00o just for the tow and repairs. A hell of a way to start a trip!
Note: Provo traffic very busy and the drivers proved to be discourteous (just like home!)Utah is definitely a land of extremes in all facets.

No comments: