Wednesday, January 17, 2007

June 10,11 & 12

Left Port St Lucie @ 7:00AM 6/10 with truck and trailer bound for Summit CountyColorado. Arrived at Tupelo Mississippi @8:30PM CDT had dinner at the Outback and spent the night at the Amerihost Inn. Nice accommodation. Note: The AAA Triptik took us on RTE231 from Cottondale FL to Montgomery Alabama. This is not a good road, many traffic lights and much traffic. It took over an hour just to get through Dothan AL plus the A/C on the truck crapped out in this area.
Left Tupelo @ 7:00AM 6/11 and without the A/C I felt as though I had had several 'near death' experiences by noon time. I-40 had an enormous amount truck traffic especially between Memphis and Little Rock. After a hellacious ( due to the lack of A/C) ride we arrived @ Amarillo Texas @ 9:15PM and stayed at the Ambassador Hotel. Nice hotel with a T.G.I.Friday's which was very good.
Left Amarillo @ 7:00 AM. Weather was cooler and more pleasant on this portion even without the A/C. Good roads and no traffic to speak of and much better scenery. We arrived at my daughter's home in Silverthorne @ 4:30 PM, unloaded the bikes, stored the truck and trailer and went to dinner at the Fiesta Jalisco in Dillon which in my estimation is the best Mexican restaurant I have ever dined at.
Port St. Lucie FL to Summit County CO 2,144 miles.

No comments: